Sunday, October 20, 2013

2013 Quilt for a Vet

This year at my quilt guild meeting I was given a stack of cut up men's shirts to make into a quilt.
So I came home, sewed em all together, one big strip, then divided it into 6 equal strips, added some sashing, sewed on Thursday until I ran out of bobbin.

I figured it wouldn't take long in the morning to finish up. Then I couldn't use any of the backing pieces I wanted so i used a piece of my fabric for the back but I couldn't make the sandwich due to the fumes bing bothersome to some.  So I got the keys to the building and came back Friday evening and put the standwich together and started quilting.

Saturday I sewed the binding on, got two movies, started on a long side and when I got to the corner I discovered I had done something goofy and had to take the binding off the other three sides.  Sunday I went back to the library, where my machine has been since Friday and sewed the binding on again.  I'm almost done sewing the binding on.


Last year I was afraid to attempt machine quilting so I hand quilted my Veterans quilt.  And it seems I have no pictures of a quilt I not only hand quilted, but gave away.   That just doesn't seem right.  hmm, found one from an email, this is last years before I hand quilted it.
I think I should work on collecting my fabrics myself in the future.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Thread Holders

I've tried em all, they take up valuable wall or counter space and they don't hold enough thread.

My solution: