Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Purple Rug

This has got to be the slowest I've ever hooked, but then there is the other rug that just needs one or two more squares finished and it would be done.

While searching for a pic of the unfinished rug I came across these. These are little coasters done in 3 cut for a donation for the State's History Museum a number of years ago. AOL kept sending me those cds in the mail and I thought to myself, I'll use em for coasters. So I did state symbols. The robin, a deer, and I think those are apple blossoms and then the state. Is it my imagination or does the deer look dazed. I don't think i knew much about hooking eyes at that point and I wouldn't say these are high contrast either. Oh well, they were cute. I don't remember what they went for, but here they are.I think if you double click on the pic it gets bigger.

It's no wonder I can't find the rug, there are 14,32o pics on my hard drive, never mind cds and thumb drives.

So here's where I am on the purple basket weave rug.


I have corrected my error, if you notice on the last full row the horizontal row is a little thin? Yep, I got off count and there were only 12 strips of wool where there should be 14. So I backed out the beige/gold and the purple vertical and put in the needed two rows of purple.

So, I started it in July, have hardly worked on it since November and am now plodding along. Who knows, maybe I'll get it done by early April in time for the hook in. At this point I am really wishing I'd gone for the smaller version. I need to do either 7 or 9 rows for it to look right now that I made it 5 blocks across.

Back to the dye pot. I have about 8 yards of wool to dye this weekend.

1 comment:

sophie said...

The deer definitely has a "deer in the headlights" look ;-)

Your rug is looking great! If you would just stop knitting those hats, I know you could finish in time for the hook in.