Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Well I've been knitting and hooking and it's about time to start sewing

I would hook a little table topper pad for a table if I had the right pattern. Those of you who know me know just exactly how out of character it is for me, when have you ever seen me do a small piece. And it's entirely possible I do possess one and just cant find it, but doubtful since most my stuff runs from large size to larger.

So I'm getting a little itchy to sew something. I could do more aprons, maybe a knitters apron, you know for when you're doing two color work, fair isle. A little apron with pockets to keep you yarn and cat(s) separated and a pocket to put your work in progress in and mabe on the back side of this two sides of Tyvek house wrap shaped the same as the apron with a zip that you can throw the cat in that thinks it wants to learn to knit. But I fear that were I to make this apron, that would just me back on the knitting binge again. It's time for a change.

Oh, I still have 4 more yards of wool to dye, Lavender/Purples, guess I could do that too.

And I've finished another hat. It's okay, I think I'm bothered by how grey my hair looks, but lets face it, I am old. okay older. But dang look at the skin. I lathered myslef with the stuff for cows today chalking that skin up to running around in 10-20 below temps. One time we could barely stand up and I'm thinking who scheduled this meeting, okay, maybe I need to participate in some of this scheduling I want to get away from. It's bad enough we have to walk to the building to be there in the morning and from there to our cars at night. The weather is not pleasant enough to be scheduling meetings all over downtown when its farther to your car or just about, so you may as well walk. I have wondered how much taxis are today though. We may find out tomorrow.

anyway, that hat, suppose I should link you up with the pattern too.

okay. mine.: (wrinkles/grey hair and all--SH for Hair this weekend any suggestions). Should I let her color it. I think if you double click on the pic it grows, so do my wrinkles then too.

Now check out the goofy outfit. I have fur coat under some skiwear, obermeir or something like that. People put a few layers on a cool satin lined jacket and away they go. I put on on long sleeved shirt, a heavy pendleton sweater, a fur coat, a serious ski overcoat, scarf tied to hold coat collar up to neck and my most recent hat. I'm warm, I look like something you might see in Alaska on a regular basis. Now the hat was worm because it's fair isle knit on 2s and 3s but you know that k2 m1 that leaves a little hole, well my guess is most days you'd never notice. I noticed. It was like sitting under a hair dryer with wet hair and them sending cold air through the holes. It was just so windy. Maybe I should have had the hood up or scarf over the hat but I was really winning for guffiest appearance what with the full length fur hanging below the pullover ski jacket thing, not to mention the bright orange mittens I had, oh and my lovely new warm boots. They're not as bad as the combat/construction you've seen in the past, but just as goofy and warm. I've found the brighter the mittens the longer I hang on to them. $75 pair of 7 1/2 spectacular black leather gloves: 2 weeks tops. I've had this assortment of pink leather, gold leather, green quilted, purple polar tech, bright orange polartec gloves for: this is their second winter. So after losing expensive gloves I've become more careful or people no longer covet my gloves. Anyway, now for the pattern for the above hat:
Snagged off Ravelry, designer is listed on it. You'll have to search for Selbumodern until I can defeat the blocks they have on doing this, which I could do and can maybe do. I have different equipment and programs during the day and not as good as I used to have but I figured out one work around today, so I'm sure I could update this with a copy of it. It's nice, it's warm, but for hands down warm, the wurm hat from ravelry with my modifications is the warmest so far. I think the bumps, switching between knitting and purl have some sort of insulating factor. As you can see I made three so three people have been able to survive this weather quite nicely or so I would think. I think this will be the next one I knit. For me.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I have this pattern sould you like it? I could scan it to you tomorrow.
Kathie

Rainbows in Wool said...

I have the pattern, it's that I couldn't stick it in the blog for some reason, but thanks for offering.